Bacon Rosemary Stuffed Mushrooms
100g bacon, chopped
2 sprigs rosemary, minced
1 onion, chopped
150g grated Edam cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Separate the mushroom stems from the caps. Chop the stems and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another frying pan, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Drain the fat from the pan. Add the bacon to the mushroom mixture along with the cheese and rosemary. Stir well.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture and place in a baking tin.
- Bake for fifteen to twenty minutes.
Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms
14 medium white mushrooms
1tbsp olive oil, more for brushing
3 shallots, finely sliced
5-6 cloves garlic, finely sliced
3tbsp chopped walnuts
3tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes
3tbsp chopped parsley
Half a teaspoon of salt, and additional seasoning
For the lemon-parsley drizzle –
Quarter cup of finely chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, diced
The zest of half a lemon
Half a tablespoon of red or white wine vinegar
Quarter cup olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
Similar to the bacon recipe above. Make the drizzle first, just mash it all together and set aside to marinate.
Chop the stems and fry with the shallots and garlic. Remove from the heat and add the other ingredients. Oil and season the mushroom caps, fill and pop in the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes. Drizzle and serve.